Toddler run over by school busFebruary 13th, 2012 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 13 (IANS) A three-year-old girl was crushed by a school bus here Monday because the driver failed to notice she was squatting near the vehicle when he took off, police said.
Tulja Kapure, the victim, stayed in a slum near a school in Ghatkopar in central Mumbai. “She went to attend nature’s call and sat on the side of a road near the front wheel of the parked bus,” an officer told IANS.
“The driver started the bus and unknowingly ran over the girl. He also took her to hospital but she was declared brought dead,” he said. The bus has been arrested for negligent driving.
- Two-year-old crushed under school bus - Sep 25, 2010
- Student's death: Bus driver, conductor arrested - Jun 28, 2011
- Child left alone in school bus, dies - Aug 05, 2011
- Week after leg crushed by bus, girl dies - Jul 24, 2012
- Teen dead, 200 still in hospital after 'colour' poisoning - Mar 09, 2012
- Bus mows down woman in east Delhi - Nov 23, 2011
- School comes to them in big yellow bus (Feature) - Sep 16, 2011
- Court demands criminal action in school girl's death case (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Class 10 student dies in accident in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Jayalalithaa orders action against school bus operators - Jul 26, 2012
- Court queries school girl's death in Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Tamil Nadu school girl death: Motor vehicle inspector arrested - Jul 27, 2012
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- Man crushed to death between two buses - May 22, 2012
- Nine die as bus driver goes berserk in busy Pune (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012