Toddler drowns in bucketApril 27th, 2011 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 27 (IANS) A six-month-old baby died after she slipped off her cot and fell into a bucket of water while she was sleeping outside her house in Uttar Pradesh’s Moradabad district, police said Wednesday.
The freak accident that killed Khaleeda Anjum took place Tuesday in Chandausi town.
“The accident took place after Anjum’s mother forgot to remove the bucket from near the cot and engaged herself in household chores,” police inspector K.P. Singh told reporters in Moradabad, about 200 km from here.
“It’s a tragic incident. Investigations reveal the infant accidentally drowned in the bucket while she was fast asleep. It appears the girl took a turn in her sleep and fell into the bucket which was kept very close to the cot.”
At the time of the incident, only Anjum and her mother were present inside the house.
“It was about an hour later that Anjum’s mother noticed her lying in the bucket. She was taken to hospital but was pronounced brought dead,” Singh said.
- Jaipur toddler drowns in bucket of water - May 15, 2012
- Infant critical after falling off mall's escalator - Jul 04, 2012
- Toddler drowns in water bucket - Jun 11, 2011
- Six-month-old kidnapped in Ajmer, incident caught on CCTV - Jul 18, 2012
- Woman sleepwalks to death - Dec 22, 2011
- Infant murdered in Hyderabad, parents suspected - Jun 20, 2010
- Woman drowns three kids, self - Oct 25, 2011
- Schoolgirl chokes to death after imitating suicide scene - Dec 27, 2011
- Model injured by plane propeller starts to walk again - Dec 09, 2011
- Burglar caught after falling asleep on bed - Sep 23, 2011
- Mother drowns baby in Norway as boyfriend watches on Skype - Jan 06, 2012
- Delhi woman pushed by brothers from first floor, dies - Mar 30, 2012
- Receptiveness more important than routine for infant sleep - Aug 11, 2010
- Minor girl strangled by rope swing - May 14, 2011
- BBC Receives 9,000 Complaints Over "EastEnders" Baby Exchange Episode - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,