To avenge rape, victim’s family kills three in Uttar PradeshJanuary 11th, 2009 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 10 (IANS) To avenge the rape of his five-year-old daughter, the girl’s father along with other family members Saturday killed three people related to the accused in the rape case, police in this Uttar Pradesh capital said Saturday.”It is an act of revenge. The incident took place this (Saturday) evening in Leharpur locality in Sitapur (some 90 km from Lucknow),” district police chief Vinod Kumar said.
“The girl’s family shot the father and two brothers of Pramod, who is the accused in the rape case. Pramod is presently lodged in a jail in Sitapur,” Kumar added.
The police are yet to make any arrests.
“The girl’s family members are at large. Efforts are on to nab them,” Kumar said.
A rape case was filed Jan 2 against Pramod, police said.
- Seven arrested in Uttar Pradesh triple murder case - Jan 12, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Two held for raping teenager in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 24, 2010
- Two more rape cases reported in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Betrayed in love, undertrial hangs himself in jail - Apr 27, 2012
- Undertrial dies in Uttar Pradesh prison - Oct 30, 2011
- Minor raped by neighbour in Delhi - Jul 16, 2012
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- Congress for judicial probe against rape-accused BSP lawmaker - Jan 02, 2011
- Banda rape case: Enquiry ordered into jail warden's claims - Jan 17, 2011
- Teenager caught for raping minor - Feb 14, 2011
- Two held with opium worth Rs.7 crore - Jul 27, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh girl was raped by legislator, his guards - Jan 11, 2011
- Man kills daughter's lover for family's honour - Sep 14, 2010
- Congress demands arrest of 'rapist' BSP legislator - Dec 31, 2010