Tirath assures help for Baby FalakJanuary 30th, 2012 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 30 (IANS) Minister of State for Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath Monday said her ministry will help two-year-old battered baby Falak and urged elected representatives to spread awareness on the issue of child trafficking in their constituencies.
“Her life is needed to be saved in the first place. If she recovers then we can rehabilitate her under the ICDS (Integrated Child Development Scheme). There are homes under the scheme where we can keep her and look after her. And she can be adopted if somebody wants to adopt her,” she told reporters here.
“I have told all this to the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) on behalf of the ministry. We will help the child through the disaster management system which we have set up,” she added.
“It is the social responsibility of elected representative to spread awareness about this issue in their respective constituencies,” she added.
Falak, who continues to be critical, was admitted to AIIMS here Jan 18 with multiple injuries, including a fractured skull, human bite marks on her tiny frame and a clot on the right side of her brain.
She was brought to the hospital by a teenaged girl who claimed to be her mother.
- Tirath to help Falak, seeks action against traffickers (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, police claim leads to finding parents (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2012
- DCW meets CM, offers to rehabilitate baby Falak - Jan 29, 2012
- Child rights panel seeks report on abandoned baby - Jan 27, 2012
- Sensitise police officials, Chidambaram told - Mar 02, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, may undergo another brain surgery - Jan 30, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, may undergo another brain surgery (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Battered baby continues to be critical - Jan 28, 2012
- Falak responding to treatment, still critical: Doctor - Feb 29, 2012
- Falak fit to be discharged: Doctors - Mar 07, 2012
- Battered baby Falak better, discharge likely soon, say doctors - Mar 03, 2012
- Falak coping well after fifth surgery: Doctor - Feb 22, 2012
- Battered baby remains critical, police hunt for parents (Roundup) - Jan 27, 2012
- 'Baby Falak case a failure of child protection machinery' - Feb 13, 2012
- 'Baby Falak's chances of survival less than 50 percent' - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: brain, child development, child trafficking, constituencies, development scheme, disaster management system, fractured skull, krishna, minister of state, New Delhi, social responsibility, teenaged girl, tiny frame