Tihar undertrial alleges assault, sexual abuseJune 17th, 2012 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) A Tihar undertrial has accused a jail official and two wardens of assault and two fellow inmates of sexual abuse, a police officer said Sunday. A case has been registered.
The 32-year-old victim complained about the ordeal in a court here last week following which a medical test was done which confirmed sexual abuse.
The prison authorities have also started an independent inquiry. “We have registered a case and an enquiry is underway,” said a jail official.
The complainant said that in May he had an argument with a jail official, two wardens and an inmate following which he was threatened and money was demanded from him.
A few days later, two wardens took him out of his barrack, undressed him and assaulted him while the two inmates sexually abused him.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Jail warden held for providing mobiles to inmates - May 06, 2012
- Man held for Rs.35,000 theft at Delhi airport - Jun 17, 2012
- Ex-flight attendant kills self, blames Haryana minister (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Hot weekend in Delhi (Lead) - May 29, 2011
- Probe ordered against Punjab jail official - May 07, 2012
- 'Gurgaon NGO didn't have permission to run orphanage' - May 05, 2012
- Jail riot in UP leaves one dead, dozen injured - Mar 11, 2012
- Probe bribe-giving case against officials: Court - Sep 03, 2012
- 70 percent Tihar inmates are undertrials (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- 70 percent Tihar inmates are undertrials (Second Lead, correcting figure in para 3) - Jan 31, 2012
- Warden booked for sodomising mentally disabled in Haryana - Jul 02, 2012
- IGNOU launches portal for students, partner institutions - Mar 03, 2011
- Court orders e-mail of bail order copy to jail - Feb 03, 2011
- Nine prisoners escape from Meerut jail - Jul 20, 2010
- Delhi told to pay damages for Tihar inmate's suicide - Feb 06, 2012
Tags: asian news, barrack, complainant, enquiry, fellow inmates, few days, independent inquiry, indo, medical test, money, New Delhi, news service, ordeal, police officer, prison authorities, rl, sexual abuse, undertrial, vm, wardens