Ticket sales fail to pick up, T-shirts with prayers for Sachin’s featNovember 13th, 2011 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 13 (IANS) Even as ticket sales remained abysmally low, the Jagmohan Dalmiya-led Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) has distributed 100 t-shirts with prayers for Sachin Tendulkar’s 100th international century monogrammed on them among school children ahead of the India-West Indies second Test match beginning here Monday.
The specially-designed shirts contain prayers reading “Let’s Pray For The Century of Centuries at Eden” below Tendulkar’s picture, CAB sources said Sunday..
However, despite Tendulkar being only a ton away from the threshold of the historic feat, the spectators so far have given the thumbs down to the match.
“Less than 1,000 tickets have been sold till Sunday,” said a CAB official blaming the scheduling of the match for the lack of spectators interest. “There is not a single weekend or holiday during the match. How can people come?”
However, the CAB officials are hoping for a decent attendance during the Indian innings, specially the time when Tendulkar will be in the middle.
Eden, which earlier accommodated nearly 90,000 spectators, now has space for only 67,300 after the renovation carried out during the World Cup. Around 20,000 tickets have been earmarked for the public, 24,000 seats are for CAB members. The remaining 23,300 comprise complimentary passes.
- Poor ticket sales for Eden Test - Nov 12, 2011
- Lowest turnout in India ODI at Eden (Diary) - Oct 25, 2011
- Bengal cricket body lashes out at ICC, BCCI - Jan 27, 2011
- Tax waiver sought for World Cup games in Bengal - Jan 05, 2011
- West Bengal waives amusement tax for World Cup ties - Jan 25, 2011
- Sachin to be presented 100 guineas, golden bat by Mamata - May 11, 2012
- BCCI, cricketers concerned over low turnout - Nov 15, 2011
- Mamata, CAB felicitate golden boy Sachin (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Mamata, CAB felicitate golden boy Sachin - May 12, 2012
- Eden Gardens likely to host remaining three World Cup matches: ICC - Feb 08, 2011
- Eden Gardens WC fiasco: Pranab Mukherjee to meet Sharad Pawar - Jan 30, 2011
- Mamata's tryst with the Eden - Nov 17, 2011
- Tendulkar unhappy with Eden sight screen, CAB agrees to increase height - Nov 12, 2011
- BJP's Shahnawaz Hussain appeals to ICC to reconsider Eden - Feb 01, 2011
- Work at Eden speeded up, CAB still hopeful about England tie - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: cab members, centuries, cricket association of bengal, decent attendance, eden, india west, jagmohan dalmiya, match, prayers, renovation, sachin tendulkar, second test, spectators, threshold, ticket sales, west indies, world cup