Tibetan parliament congratulates France, RussiaMay 9th, 2012 - 12:18 pm ICT by IANS
Dharamsala, May 9 (IANS) The Tibetan parliament-in-exile Wednesday congratulated France’s Francois Hollande and Russia’s Vladimir Putin for winning their presidential elections.
In the letters sent to Putin and Hollande, parliament speaker Penpa Tsering said he extended his “heartfelt best wishes” and congratulations “on behalf of the Tibetan parliament-in-exile and the people of Tibet”.
“We are looking forward to work closely with your government,” he wrote to the two leaders.
- Exiles ask BRICS to raise Tibet with Hu - Mar 28, 2012
- Tsering re-elected Tibetan speaker - May 30, 2011
- Tibetan group supports Dalai Lama's decision to retire - Mar 19, 2011
- Prayers, hunger strikes mark Tibetan sacred festival - Feb 22, 2012
- Fast, prayers mark Tibetan New Year festival (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Tibetans fined for unauthorised protest - Feb 25, 2012
- Parliament-in-exile concerned over atrocities in Tibet - Sep 16, 2011
- Tibetans urged not to celebrate New Year - Feb 20, 2012
- Dalai Lama a symbol of peace: Dhumal - Sep 02, 2011
- Losar will be a muted in McLeodganj this year - Feb 18, 2012
- Dalai Lama to retire, make way for elected leader (Second Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- Three options on Dalai Lama - Mar 14, 2011
- Tibet situation grim, needs global intervention, say exiles - Feb 24, 2012
- Don't give up ceremonial role, Dalai Lama urged - May 25, 2011
- Dalai Lama firm on retirement, rejects lawmakers' plea (Lead) - Mar 19, 2011