Tibetan leader on fast hospitalisedAugust 7th, 2008 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 7 (IANS) A Tibetan leader, who was on fast after his arrest Monday for not possessing proper travel documents, was hospitalised in Mandi town of Himachal Pradesh as his health deteriorated, a police official said Thursday. “Tensing Psundu, president of the Friends of Tibet, was arrested under the Foreigners Act and has been on a fast since then,” Superintendent of Police M. Chander Sekhar told IANS.
Psundu has been remanded in judicial custody till Aug 14.
In view of the Beijing Olympics, the Himachal Pradesh police have stepped up vigil in areas dominated by the Tibetans, especially Dharamsala town.
The police are keeping a close watch on the activities of various youth organisations like the Friends of Tibet and the Tibet Youth Congress, Dharamsala Superintendent of Police Atul Kumar Fulzele said.
- Fasting Tibetan leader hospitalised (Lead) - Aug 07, 2008
- High ranking lama arrested in Delhi - Jun 15, 2012
- Eight Chinese nationals arrested in Himachal - Jun 13, 2012
- Three Bihar school boys detained for gangrape - Jul 27, 2012
- Two Tibetans arrested for raping girl in Dharamsala - Feb 14, 2010
- Prayers, hunger strikes mark Tibetan sacred festival - Feb 22, 2012
- Candlelight marches in Himachal to support Anna - Aug 28, 2011
- Himachal may see heavy rains, rivers in spate - Aug 19, 2012
- Eight suspected Taiwanese arrested in Himachal (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Narcotics official held for taking bribe - May 16, 2012
- 10 detained in raid on Himachal rave party - Aug 05, 2012
- Five youths held for rioting in Himachal - Aug 31, 2011
- Ire in Himachal over Virbhadra Singh's remarks - Aug 25, 2011
- Himachal police step up vigil in Tibetan areas - Aug 06, 2008
- Foreigners detained for rave party in Dharamsala - Jun 28, 2010