Thundershowers likely in Delhi: weathermanFebruary 10th, 2009 - 12:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 10 (IANS) Delhi may finally experience some winter showers after days of warm, dry weather, met officials said Tuesday.
“There will be cloudy skies and there is likelihood of rain and thundershowers in the coming days,” said an official at the Safdarjung met office.
The capital has not received much rain this winter.
“So far Delhi has received 5.8 mm of rain,” the official said.
Compared to last year’s 26.4 mm rain received until Feb 10, this year’s figure is very low, he pointed out.
“The rain has come late this year and this has affected temperatures as well,” the official said.
The maximum temperature Tuesday will be around 24 degrees Celsius while the minimum will hover around 12 degrees Celsius, he added.
The minimum temperature recorded Tuesday morning was 9.4 degrees, a degree above average, while the maximum recorded Monday was 26.6 degrees, four notches above average for this time of the year.
- Cloudy day, rains likely in Delhi - Aug 10, 2012
- Humid, cloudy Sunday in Delhi; rains likely Monday (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Cloudy day for Delhi, rain likely (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Pleasant morning for Delhi, rains in store - Aug 20, 2011
- Thundershowers lash Delhi, more rain predicted (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Rains skip Delhi again, likely Friday - Aug 18, 2011
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2011
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Rain in Delhi, more likely - Sep 04, 2012
- Cool Wednesday morning in Delhi - Jun 29, 2011
- Cloudy, hot Tuesday in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- After cloudy Thursday, rain likely (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Thundershowers cool Delhi, more expected (Lead) - Sep 05, 2011
- Breezy morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 06, 2012
- Delhi stays hot and humid (Lead) - Jul 28, 2010