Three youths drown in Himachal riverApril 14th, 2009 - 1:35 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 14 (IANS) Three youths have drowned while bathing in the Beas river in Himachal Pradesh’s Kangra district, police said Tuesday.
“Only one body has been found. Efforts are on to trace the other bodies,” Kangra Superintendent of Police Atul Fulzele told IANS over phone.
The three people, including two management students of Lovely University in Jalandhar, drowned Monday evening in the river at Pragpur town, about 300 km from here. They were taking a bath in the river as part of Baisakhi celebrations, the official said.
The university students have been identified as Anil of Patna and Karan Dua. Only Anil’s body has been recovered so far. The third youth who died in the accident is a local resident and has not yet been identified, Fulzele said.
Lovely University’s assistant director Aman Mittal said the students were on a private visit.
“We had no information about their visit to that area. They were on a private visit to Himachal Pradesh. We also came to know about the incident from media reports this (Tuesday) morning,” he said.
“We have sent our representative to the spot to collect more information and make necessary arrangements for bringing back their bodies. The parents of the victims have been informed,” Mittal added.
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts may return to college - Aug 23, 2012
- Beware of fatal fall in Himachal rivers - Jun 02, 2011
- Convicts freed early, ragging victim's father slams system - Aug 18, 2012
- Engineering student drowns in Himachal - Apr 11, 2010
- It's time for trout fishing in Himachal streams - May 29, 2011
- Four girls drown in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 22, 2012
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts set free before term - Aug 18, 2012
- Four students guilty of ragging to death Aman Kachru - Nov 11, 2010
- Three African students held for soccer violence (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Six drown in Orissa after Holi - Mar 20, 2011
- Search for African students after soccer violence (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Four students drown in Ganga river - May 13, 2011
- Two more Himachal students arrested for ragging - Aug 11, 2010
- Four Himachal students booked for ragging - Aug 10, 2010
- Game for trout! Anglers ready for Manali contest - Sep 09, 2010