Three-year-old girl trapped in 50-ft shaftMarch 26th, 2008 - 12:05 pm ICT by admin
Agra, March 26 (IANS) Hectic efforts were on Wednesday morning to rescue a three-year-old girl who had fallen into a 50-ft deep bore well in a village near here. Vandana, from village Hulaspura in Saiyan block of Agra, had fallen into the uncovered cylindrical pit near her home Tuesday evening.
Army personnel, police and fire brigade experts were working hard to save the girl, who has been provided with glucose, oranges and oxygen in the well.
According to police, Vandana could be heard crying, indicating that she was alive.
“Vandana is alive. She has been given glucose and is crying occasionally. We are very hopeful that we will save her,” said Senior Superintendent of Police Neera Rawat.
Rescuers were digging a parallel pit nearly 10 feet away from the bore well to reach the child. “We are hoping to reach her any moment,” said an army official.
Thousands of villagers were praying for her life and most of the civil and police officials of the district congregated at the sight, willing her to go on.
Less than two years ago, in July 2006, another five-year-old boy had fallen into a nearly 60-ft deep shaft near his home in Shahbad in Kurukshetra. Little Prince survived the ordeal after the army rescued him after over two days of continuous rescue operations.
A parallel tunnel was dug up from a dried up well alongside the shaft to rescue Prince after almost 50 hours.
- Rescue efforts, prayers for girl trapped in shaft - Mar 26, 2008
- Three-year-old girl rescued from bore well shaft - Mar 26, 2008
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- Three-year-old rescued from bore well, rushed to hospital - Mar 26, 2008
- Three-year-old rescued from borewell in Gurdaspur, dies in hospital - Jun 03, 2010
- Two-year-old toddler falls into borewell in Andhra - Jan 18, 2010
- Five-year-old falls into borewell near Jaipur, rescue work on - Nov 09, 2009
- Four-year-old falls into borewell, rescue work on - Jun 21, 2009
- Four-year-old falls into borewell in Bijapur, rescue work on - Sep 01, 2009
- Four-year-old girl rescued from borewell - Jun 21, 2009
- Efforts fail to rescue toddler from Andhra borewell (Lead) - Jan 18, 2010
- Girl falls in 200-foot borewell in Punjab - Jun 02, 2010
- Rescuers in Agra battle to save a child from 150 feet deep narrow well - Oct 10, 2008
- Rescue workers still struggle to save 2-year-old boy from borewell - Oct 12, 2008
- Baby falls in borewell in Punjab, army tries rescue (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010