Three workers injured in Bokaro steel plant blastJune 27th, 2008 - 1:01 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 27 (IANS) Three workers were injured in a factory blast in Bokaro Steel Plant (BSL) in Jharkhand Friday morning, official sources said. According to officials, the blast took place in the furnace of the Steel Melting Shop of the steel plant.
Three employee have received 60 percent burn injuries, hospital sources said.
The injured employees are being treated at Bokaro General Hospital, where their condition was said to be critical.
Employees of the steel plant are blaming the BSL management for the incident, saying poor maintenance caused the blast.
BSL sources said the production has been stopped and it will take at least 40 hours to repair the blast furnace.
- 15 killed in fire at Vizag Steel Plant (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Death toll mounts in Vizag steel plant blast - Jun 14, 2012
- Six injured as boiler bursts - Jan 22, 2011
- Gas leakage kills two in Ukraine - Aug 18, 2012
- Two injured in police firing - Mar 19, 2011
- Upgraded blast furnace of Bokaro Steel Plant inaugurated - Jul 20, 2010
- Gas leak at Durgapur steel plant, 27 taken ill (Lead) - Jul 15, 2010
- Jharkhand PSUs try to evict squatters - politicians, bureaucrats - Jul 08, 2011
- Three CRPF personnel injured in landmine blast - Nov 12, 2010
- 27 fall ill after gas leak at Durgapur Steel Plant - Jul 15, 2010
- Worker falls to death in Bokaro power plant boiler - Apr 20, 2010
- Jharkhand considering MoU renewal for ArcelorMittal steel plant - Aug 01, 2012
- 11 security men killed, 30 injured in Jharkhand ambush - May 03, 2011
- One killed as protesters, police clash in Ranchi - Sep 03, 2012
- Congress office sealed in anti-encroachment drive - Mar 30, 2011