Three women labourers buried aliveApril 19th, 2011 - 7:21 pm ICT by IANS
Gondia (Maharashtra), April 19 (IANS) Three women labourers were killed and two others injured when a huge pile of sand fell on them at a construction site in this Maharashtra district, police said here Tuesday.
“Five women were digging a deep pit at the site of an under-construction hospital when the pile of dug-out sand fell on them, burying them alive,” an official from Gondia City Police Station told IANS.
By the time they were rescued, three of the women had died.
Efforts are on to identify the dead women.
Gondia is about 990 km from Mumbai.
- Seven killed in Rajasthan building collapses - Jun 05, 2012
- Five killed as college building collapses - Jul 25, 2011
- Six buried alive in Uttar Pradesh - May 17, 2012
- 10 killed in illegal Egyptian archaeological dig - Mar 12, 2012
- Constable rescues three kids from pit in Delhi - Apr 14, 2012
- 1 killed in Adani power plant accident in Maharashtra - May 07, 2012
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- 3 labourers killed in wall collapse - Mar 31, 2011
- Girl escapes death despite being buried alive - Aug 09, 2011
- Six skeletons found in missing starlet's villa (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Four labourers killed in Guwahati landslide - Mar 24, 2011
- Infant falls into pit in Gurgaon, rescued (Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Seven buried alive under loose earth as truck overturns (Third Lead) - Dec 07, 2009
- Five labourers buried under debris in Delhi - Jan 17, 2010
- Two labourers buried alive in Himachal - Apr 03, 2012