Three Tripura militants surrender with weaponsJuly 4th, 2012 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, July 4 (IANS) Three militants of a banned separatist outfit have surrendered to the Indian security forces in Tripura after a crackdown on their training camp in Bangladesh, police said here Wednesday.
The three top leaders of the National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) - Kashirai Reang, Debadanta Reang and Brikhu Reang - surrendered to the para-military Assam Rifles at Khedachara in northern part of the state late Tuesday.
The guerrillas surrendered an AK-56 rifle and some China-made arms and ammunition.
“The Bangladesh security forces flushed out the insurgents from their camps in Chittagong Hill tracks of that country. They crossed over to Tripura before surrendering,” a police official said.
So far, around 85 militants of the banned NLFT and All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) have surrendered with arms this year.
Demanding a sovereign status for Tripura, the ATTF and NLFT have set up their bases in Bangladesh and are supported by other separatist outfits in the northeast.
- Ten Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Nov 03, 2011
- Militant killed in Tripura - Jul 22, 2012
- Nine Tripura terrorists flee Bangladesh, surrender - May 17, 2011
- Tribal militants abduct six people in Tripura - Jul 01, 2011
- Northeast terror outfits moving to Myanmar: Assam Rifles - Aug 25, 2012
- Linkages between northeast terrorists continue: Government - Oct 20, 2011
- Tripura farmers released by banned outfit - May 30, 2012
- Militants kidnap four workers in Tripura - Nov 27, 2010
- Tripura Congress, CPI-M trade charges of wooing militants - Jun 27, 2012
- Tripura militants recruiting youth, warns intelligence - Jun 21, 2012
- Militants kidnap three CPI-M activists in Tripura - Sep 16, 2010
- Three militants arrested in Tripura - Jun 18, 2012
- Terrorists reviving outfits in Tripura, says police chief - Aug 21, 2012
- Abducted Tripura tribals flee rebels' camp in Bangladesh - Dec 02, 2011
- Armed guerrillas abduct four workers in Tripura - Mar 08, 2011
Tags: ammunition, assam rifles, attf, bangladesh, china, chittagong hill, crackdown, guerrillas, indian security forces, insurgents, july 4, national liberation front, nlft, police official, sovereign status, surrender, tiger, tiger force, training camp, weapons