Three tribal youth get life terms for murderFebruary 8th, 2012 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Aizawl, Feb 8 (IANS) A court in Mizoram Wednesday sentenced three tribal youth to life terms for robbing and killing a couple belonging to their community in 2009, police said.
“The district judicial magistrate’s court awarded the life sentence to the three Reang tribal youths, aged 21 years to 27 years, for murdering a tribal headman and his wife in July 2009 at Rasdali village in northwestern Mizoram,” a police spokesman told reporters.
The couple was returning home after collecting their wages in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme when the killers robbed them of Rs.70,000 before murdering them.
- Reang refugee repatriation from Tripura to Mizoram begins - May 04, 2012
- Armed tribal youths arrested in Mizoram - Apr 05, 2012
- Armed tribal youths arrested in Tripura (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- 1,200 tribal refugees return to Mizoram from Tripura - May 27, 2010
- Shoot-at-sight orders in Mizoram to control ethnic violence - Nov 17, 2009
- Reang refugees' return to Mizoram stalled again - May 16, 2012
- Mizoram to take back 2,000 refugees from Tripura - May 10, 2010
- Andhra youth gets life for killing girl's parents (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Chidambaram's Mizoram visit cancelled due to bad weather - May 18, 2011
- Mizo refugees repatriation from Tripura in balance - Nov 23, 2010
- Mizoram ethnic violence: paramilitary forces deployed - Nov 16, 2009
- Mizoram postpones return home of refugees from Tripura - Nov 30, 2010
- Deadlock on Reang refugee repatriation to Mizoram continues - Jan 23, 2010
- Mizoram to take back 2,000 refugees from Tripura - May 01, 2010
- Chidambaram in Aizawl, to discuss Reang issue - Apr 04, 2012