Three to die for killing four-year-oldMay 25th, 2012 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 25 (IANS) A court in Bihar Friday awarded capital punishment to three men and life imprisonment to another for the abduction-cum-murder of a four-year-old boy.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Arun Kumar Singh gave the ruling in the Muzaffarpur district court.
The three sentenced to death are Chandan, Radhe Shyam and Vinod Kumar. Vishwanath Choudhary was given life imprisonment and fined Rs.1 lakh.
In 2006, Rishab Raj was kidnapped from Muzaffarpur and hacked to death over a property dispute involving the victim’s family.
- Jailed Bihar politician to be awarded Ph.D - Jul 07, 2012
- Declare killer disease an epidemic, says Bihar - Jun 11, 2012
- No mercy for kidnappers of children, says Supreme Court - Dec 05, 2011
- 73 kids die of 'mysterious' disease in Bihar - Jun 08, 2012
- Apex court upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan - Jul 10, 2012
- Nearly 60,000, including MPs and MLAs, convicted in Bihar in 5 years - Apr 11, 2011
- From Bengal to Bihar to remember Khudiram Bose - Aug 11, 2011
- Schoolboy abducted in Bihar - Dec 28, 2010
- Teacher gets life term for murder - Apr 10, 2012
- SC upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Kidnapped student rescued, three held (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Bihar takes on crime with high conviction rate - Jun 08, 2010
- Over 50,000 criminals convicted in Nitish-era Bihar - Sep 23, 2010
- Rs.20 lakh ransom demanded for Bihar student - Nov 15, 2010
- SC upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: 1 lakh, abduction, arun kumar, arun kumar singh, bihar, capital punishment, life imprisonment, muzaffarpur district, patna, property dispute, raj, sessions, shyam, three men, vinod kumar, vishwanath