Three teachers held for sexually exploiting schoolchildrenMarch 18th, 2009 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 18 (IANS) Three teachers, including a school principal, were arrested Wednesday in the Himachal Pradesh capital on charges of sexual exploitation of six deaf and dumb children, the police said.
“Three teachers were arrested for sexually exploiting six deaf and dumb girls of a school run by Prerna (an NGO) in Shimla,” Superintendent of Police R.M. Sharma told IANS. The accused included school principal Vijay Kumar.
The girls are aged between 13 and 21 years. The school has more than 25 students and is getting grants under the state sponsored Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan scheme.
“One teacher, who has also been accused of molesting the girls, is absconding,” Kumar said.
He said the accused were exploiting the victims for the past several months.
The accused teachers have been booked under Section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code.
- One more teacher held for sexually exploiting handicapped children - Mar 19, 2009
- Teachers sexually exploiting handicapped girls get police custody (Lead) - Mar 19, 2009
- Hostel warden arrested for sexually exploiting inmates - Feb 10, 2010
- Himachal governor inspects hostel where girls exploited - Feb 12, 2010
- Hostel in-charge in police remand for sexually exploiting tribal girls - Feb 10, 2010
- Andhra Pradesh student alleges sexual assault by school principal - Jul 24, 2010
- Nearly 120 rescued after raid on Haryana protection home - May 10, 2012
- Shelter home exploitation: cop held for destroying evidence - Jul 06, 2012
- 'No guidelines for regulating NGOs in Himachal Pradesh' - Mar 20, 2009
- Woman held for forcing daughter into prostitution - Jun 30, 2011
- Principal booked for selling text-books as scrap - Dec 31, 2010
- Warden booked for sodomising mentally disabled in Haryana - Jul 02, 2012
- Gurgaon NGO activist held for sexual abuse of minors - May 05, 2012
- French diplomat accused of sexually abusing minor daughter - Jun 15, 2012
- Minor allegedly raped by her tutor - Sep 10, 2012