Three students injured as guard opens fire in ChhattisgarhNovember 23rd, 2009 - 1:01 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, Nov 22 (IANS) Three students sustained bullet injuries Sunday in Chhattisgarh’s Raigarh district after a security guard of a private steel company opened fire suspecting them to be thieves, police said.
“The security guard of MSP Steel and Power Ltd opened fire on students when they were crossing the area at Jamgaon village in Raigarh district, suspecting them to be thieves,” District Superintendent of Police Rahul Sharma told reporters.
All the three students aged between 12-15 years, were rushed to a private hospital where the condition of one of them was stated to be serious. The security guard has been arrested, police added.
Dozens of people protested the shooting and raised slogans against the comapny.
Jamgaon is some 270 km from Raipur.
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh minister's house, kill guard (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- IT raids Visa Steel in Chhattisgarh - Nov 12, 2010
- Four held for abducting Class 1 boy - Apr 29, 2011
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh minister's house, kill guard - May 17, 2012
- Police probe workers' deaths at Jindal plant (Lead) - Jul 15, 2010
- Probe into workers' death in Jindal plant begins - Jul 15, 2010
- Jindal official held for plant mishap - Jul 16, 2010
- Boy abducted in broad daylight - Apr 21, 2011
- Chhattisgarh environmentalist chained to hospital bed - Jun 02, 2011
- Girls drop rape charges against Chhattisgarh cops - Nov 13, 2010
- Maoist base destroyed in Chhattisgarh - Aug 28, 2012
- Jindal Steel lodges bribery case against NGO activist - Jun 26, 2010
- Rs.7.6 mn looted from ICICI bank - Oct 04, 2010
- Six troopers among seven killed by Chhattisgarh Maoists - May 14, 2012
- Senior Maoist killed in Chhattisgarh gun battle - Jan 27, 2012