Three students caned over 300 times for not doing homeworkMay 20th, 2011 - 2:30 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 20 (IANS) Three students in China were caned over 300 times for not doing their homework. The maths teacher who ordered other students to carry out the punishment has been suspended.
The maths teacher, Huang, at a primary school in central China ordered students to beat an eight-year-old student and two others more than 300 times with sticks, the Shanghai Daily reported, quoting Orient Today.
Zhang Guopu, an official, said they are looking into a complaint that the girl, Zhang Jinjin, suffered severe internal bleeding in her buttocks and legs.
Zhang she and other two classmates were ordered to stand in front of the teacher’s desk May 13.
Huang then ordered the 32 other students to beat them with sticks.
Zhang said each student was ordered to beat 10 times and anyone who didn’t complete it would have been punished.
The media report said that the three students were given 320 strokes each.
Huang earlier this year won an award that named him an “Excellent Teacher” in the village due to the high scores got by his students.
- Teacher suspended for making students slap each other - Dec 19, 2011
- Teacher thrashes boy for leaving classroom - Aug 26, 2011
- China probes schoolgirl's suicidal jump - Nov 22, 2011
- Nine Assam school kids caned, government talks tough - Jun 13, 2010
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012
- Pakistani schoolboy dies after punishment - Sep 20, 2011
- Man pushes lit firework up boy's hips, jailed - Aug 29, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers held for beating student (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Hyderabad boy dies after corporal punishment, teacher booked - Sep 14, 2012
- China punishes 16 officials for school bus accident - Aug 02, 2012
- Corporal punishment: School sacks another teacher - Jun 04, 2010
- Corporal punishment: School initiates probe against teacher - Jun 02, 2010
- More from Bengal schools: Two girls asked to disrobe - Jul 14, 2012
- Assam student critical after assault by teacher - Aug 11, 2010
- China's Wal-Mart stores closed over pork fraud - Oct 10, 2011