Three Spanish air force pilots killed in double crashJanuary 20th, 2009 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Jan 20 (DPA) Three Spanish air force pilots were killed Tuesday in an accident involving two Mirage F-1 fighter-bomber planes, defence ministry sources said.The planes, which were on exercise flights, crashed in a private property and near Albacete in the south-east.
Witnesses said they heard an explosion and saw fire and smoke from several kilometres away. It was not clear whether the planes had collided in the air.
One of the planes had two and the other one pilot. The three bodies were retrieved from the wreckage.
The French-made fighter-bombers had been “modernised” recently, said the ministry, which was investigating the cause of the accident.
- Su-30 fighter crashes in Russia, crew safe - Feb 28, 2012
- IAF Mirage jet crashes, fleet grounded temporarily (Third Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- IAF Mirage combat jet crashes, pilots safely bail out (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Three killed as air force planes collide in Spain - Jan 21, 2009
- Russia to buy 92 Su-34 fighters - Mar 01, 2012
- US Navy jet crashes, pilots safe - Apr 07, 2012
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilots bail out (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Pilot dies after mid air collision in UK - Jul 05, 2011
- Have few flight paths over populated areas: Pakistani daily - May 19, 2012
- Four pilots killed as two PAF planes collide (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Fighter jet crashes in Pakistan - May 11, 2012
- Pilot dies as Pakistani Air Force trainer crashes (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Air Force F-22 Fighter Jet Crashes Near Anchorage, Search For Missing Pilot On - Nov 18, 2010
- Pakistani woman fighter pilot hurt in crash (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Turkey denies fighter jet shot down by Syria - Jul 14, 2012