Three sisters commit suicide in Madhya Pradesh villageOctober 13th, 2008 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Oct 13 (IANS) Four poverty-stricken sisters allegedly consumed poison in a Madhya Pradesh village leaving three of them dead, the police said Monday.The incident, the police said, occurred Sunday when all the four daughters of a village farmer consumed poison in Harikshagadi village of the Bhind district.
They “were rushed to Gwalior for treatment but three of them died on the way,” a police official in Bhind told IANS by phone.
Gudiya, 21, “who is the eldest, survived”, the official said.
“Though the motive behind the extreme step was not exactly known, it is believed that poverty could be the reason,” he said.
The dead were identified as Girija, 20, Surekha, 19 and Jahnvi, 18.
The police have registered a case and sent the bodies for post-mortem.
- Poverty-stricken woman kills kids, self - Dec 06, 2010
- Student leader accused of professor's murder found dead - Nov 20, 2011
- Father kills infant daughter with nicotine - Apr 10, 2012
- Pregnant woman kills self, two children - Aug 20, 2010
- Six of family consume poison, four dead - Aug 21, 2010
- Four dead as man poisons family, self (Lead) - Aug 21, 2010
- Four bandits gunned down in Madhya Pradesh - Aug 22, 2010
- Dalit youth found dead, family cries foul - Jun 26, 2011
- Congress legislator in Madhya Pradesh shot dead (Lead) - Apr 14, 2009
- Poverty-stricken woman sells infant to pay debt - Sep 04, 2012
- Couple sacrifices daughter to attain wealth - Aug 18, 2010
- When police mistook teachers for cheats in China - Nov 22, 2011
- Congress calls for shutdown to protest legislator's murder - Apr 14, 2009
- Senior Andhra cop's family to be quizzed on constable's death - Aug 07, 2009
- Congress demands CBI probe into legislator's murder (Lead) - Apr 14, 2009