Three shot dead over gang rivalry in northeast DelhiJuly 9th, 2008 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 9 (IANS) In the third shootout in the national capital in three days, two unidentified assailants shot dead a 30-year-old man who belonged to a rival gang but were immediately gunned down by the victim’s friends in northeast Delhi early Wednesday. Police said Sahim Chowdhury, 30, was standing with his friends near the Seelampur police station when two unidentified motorcycle borne men fired at them. While Chowdhury was felled by three bullets, his friends opened fire in retaliation and killed the assailants.
Chowdhury and his attackers were rushed to the Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital, where they were pronounced dead.
“It was a fall-out between two criminal gangs. Chowdhury was known to be involved in illegal activities. We have registered a case and would soon arrest Chowdhury’s friends. Investigations are on to identify them and to verify whether they opened fire in self-defence,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northeast Delhi) Jaspal Singh told IANS.
On Tuesday, Mahesh Kapoor, 52, and employed with a Nokia Priority showroom on Vikas Marg, was killed when he was returning from a bank after withdrawing Rs.135,000.
The assailants pumped several bullets into his body near the Delhi Police headquarters and fired in the air before escaping.
Late Monday, two brothers were gunned down in the Ballimaran area of the walled city when their neighbours called them outside their house and opened fire at them. The brothers died on the spot.
- Three killed in gang rivalry in Delhi(Lead) - Jul 09, 2008
- Illegal trade of small arms, guns threatens Kathmandu: Police - Sep 08, 2012
- Man killed while resisting robbery in Delhi - May 16, 2012
- Jeweller shot dead in Delhi - Feb 23, 2011
- Dawood's brother attacked in Mumbai, aide killed (Second Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- DTC bus driver gunned down - Oct 06, 2011
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- 'Property, love, depression behind shooting spree' - Sep 08, 2012
- Over 20 injured in Bengal clash over INTUC leader's killing - Aug 15, 2012
- Two Shia clerics killed in Iraq drive-by shooting - Sep 01, 2012
- Orissa legislator killed by suspected Maoists - Sep 24, 2011
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- Two government officials shot dead in Bihar - Mar 02, 2012
- Eight killed in Karachi - May 06, 2012