Three sent to judicial custody for Rs.56 mn fraudJuly 9th, 2008 - 1:08 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 8 (IANS) A former manager of a private bank, a dentist and a businessmen were remanded to judicial custody here Tuesday evening for allegedly defrauding seven non-resident Indians to the tune of Rs.56.3 million, police said. The three were remanded to judicial custody for 14 days by a court in Poonamallee, 35 km west of here.
The alleged scam came to light when B.N. Roopchand, an officer of the bank in the southwest suburbs here, discovered after taking charge that seven NRI accounts operated by people domiciled in Bangalore were accessed by S. Udayakumar, 38.
A postgraduate in business administration, Udayakumar was using forged signatures and fake documents, a police official said.
The modus operandi was the use of names of existing account-holders with sizeable deposits, forging their signatures and supporting them with fake documentation with the help of alleged accomplices T. Arivarasu 41, a dentist, and V. Satish, 60, a retired official of the bank, the official added.
- Citibank fraud: Puri sent to judicial custody till Jan.28 - Jan 14, 2011
- Citibank fraud accused sent to 14 days judicial custody - Jan 15, 2011
- Citibank fraud: Main accused Puri's remand extended till Friday - Jan 12, 2011
- Two TV channel directors held for forgery - Jul 23, 2012
- Two sisters arrested for defrauding Kolkata bank - Jul 01, 2012
- Former CPI-M MP's husband and son-in-law held for forgery - Jun 10, 2012
- Net widens on alleged Rs.300 crore Citibank fraud case (Roundup) - Jan 05, 2011
- CBI clerk, seven others sent to jail for fraud - Sep 06, 2012
- CBI arrests common man for cheating - Dec 16, 2010
- Jundal sent to police custody in Nashik attack plot - Sep 11, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till Sep 24 - Sep 10, 2012
- Citibank fraud: Victim seeks to withdraw complaint - Jan 24, 2011
- Three held for fraud using fake cheques - Dec 28, 2011
- CID to probe Maharashtra legislators' 'fake signatures' - Mar 29, 2012
- Two people held for running visa racket - Sep 24, 2010