Three run over by train, one loses legsFebruary 26th, 2012 - 1:12 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) Three people were killed and one other lost his lower limbs after they were run over by a train while crossing rail tracks in south Delhi Saturday, police said.
The incident took place at 9.15 a.m. in Okhla area when Shibu, Salman, Bhupendra and Aslam were crossing a railway track unmindful of a train coming towards them.
“When they realised a train was coming towards them, they went back to the other track but were hit by an EMU train bound for Palwal (Haryana),” said a senior police official.
“While three people died on the spot, Aslam was taken to AIIMS where both his legs had to be amputated. Two of the deceased had headphones plugged in to their ears,” the officer added.
According to police, all the victims — in their early 20s — were employed in a sweets shop in the same area.
- Caution! Walking with headphones could kill - Jan 30, 2012
- Give blast victims artificial limbs in 3 weeks, AIIMS told - Mar 01, 2012
- Injured Arunima's condition now stable, say doctors (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Glued to earplugs, two students crushed by train - Dec 01, 2011
- AIIMS gets notice for not giving amputees artificial limbs - Feb 29, 2012
- Truck driver dies in crash after running down cyclist - Jul 15, 2012
- British biker wearing headphones killed by train - May 05, 2012
- Injured Arunima's condition stable, say doctors - Apr 19, 2011
- Court charges AIIMS officials with corruption - Aug 27, 2012
- One killed, three injured by DTC bus - Jan 21, 2012
- Arunima stable, responding to treatment - Apr 20, 2011
- AIIMS seeks police help against Arunima relative (Lead) - Apr 23, 2011
- Student run over by train - Jan 29, 2012
- Two girls run over by train in Bihar - Apr 16, 2011
- Collision hits train services on Bangalore-Chennai route - Sep 14, 2011