Three railway coaches set on fire in JharkhandOctober 29th, 2008 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Oct 29(IANS) Three coaches of a Ranchi-Mumbai train were set on fire here by unidentified people as they were kept in a railway yard for cleaning, police sources said Wednesday.According to sources, the coaches were kept in Hatia railway station yard and were set on fire Tuesday night. No one was injured in the incident. The train leaves Ranchi for Mumbai every Wednesday night.
Kalawanti, the public relation officer of Hatia division, said: “A forensic team has arrived to investigate the case. We cannot say how the coaches caught fire.”
Asked whether the train will leave for Mumbai as scheduled, Kalawant said: “The train will leave Ranchi on time. The burnt coaches will be replaced.”
The police sources said the incident could be work of agitators protesting the treatment of north Indians in Mumbai.
Various student groups have been agitating in Bihar to denounce the attacks by the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) on non-Maharashtrian candidates, mainly from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, appearing for railway recruitment examinations in Mumbai.
The widespread violent protests have affected at least 200 trains in Bihar.
- Raj Thackeray drops protest against Bihar Day event - Apr 13, 2012
- Mumbai Police gear up for MNS march - Aug 21, 2012
- Raj Thackeray attacks Maharashtra government on toll tax - Jun 12, 2012
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- MNS to help Maharashtrian youths with railway exam - Feb 02, 2011
- Will attend Bihar Day in Mumbai, stresses Nitish - Apr 13, 2012
- Hold Chhat Puja but don't politicise it, says Raj Thackeray (Lead) - Oct 31, 2008
- Railways cancel four trains after Gyaneshwari Express mishap - May 28, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi ill-informed: Raj Thackeray retorts to speech - Nov 14, 2011
- Trains, bus services hit on day one of Maoist shutdown (Lead) - Jun 14, 2010
- 12 run over by train in Chhattisgarh - Oct 23, 2011
- MNS protests wrongful sacking of HSBC employees - May 04, 2012
- Flight carrying Kiran Bedi develops snag, diverted - Nov 13, 2011
- Maoists blast rail tracks, kill guard in Jharkhand (Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi ends Mumbai visit, cocks a snook at Shiv Sena, MNS - Feb 05, 2010