Three private firms’ directors booked for fraudFebruary 28th, 2012 - 12:56 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 27 (IANS) Directors of two companies based in Haryana’s Sonepat and one in the union territory of Daman have been booked for fraudulently causing loss to insurance companies, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said Monday.
“During the years 2005-2009, they (the directors), in pursuance of a criminal conspiracy, defrauded Delhi branches of United India Insurance Company, New India Insurance Company, and Oriental Insurance Company by lodging exorbitant claims against the insurance cover from these insurance companies regarding incidents of fire in their factory premises,” said the CBI official.
“Such claims worth about Rs.15 crore were lodged on 5 occasions against which, the insurance companies have already been paid about Rs. 6 crore.The claims were lodged in respect of the stocks destroyed, which purportedly had been shown in claims to have been purchased on the basis of fake/forged bills,” the official said.
- Regency Ceramics to revive damaged plant in Yanam - Jan 31, 2012
- After Darbari, another Kalmadi aide gets bail in CWG scam case (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Special police team to probe Reebok India fraud - May 23, 2012
- State firms defrauded by group of jewellery traders: CBI - Oct 29, 2010
- CBI files fourth FIR, no mention of Kalmadi (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- CWG graft cases: CBI files charges against six - Aug 22, 2012
- Damage by cyclone Thane to lower general insurers' profits - Jan 03, 2012
- Dunlop shutdown continues as talks fail - Oct 10, 2011
- CBI unearths Rs.1400 crore scam by jewellery traders (Lead) - Oct 29, 2010
- National Insurance assessing loss in AMRI fire - Apr 20, 2012
- CWG graft: Court takes cognizance of CBI charge sheet - Aug 27, 2012
- Case against BSNL, private firm officials for illegal deal - Feb 26, 2012
- Owners killing their pets to get insurance payout - Nov 14, 2011
- CWG graft case: Court notice to CBI on Reddy's bail plea - Feb 29, 2012
- CBI busts BRO scam, books top officials (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: cbi, central bureau of investigation, criminal conspiracy, crore, daman, exorbitant claims, factory premises, fraud, india insurance, insurance, insurance companies, New Delhi, new india, occasions, oriental insurance company, private firms, rs 6, sonepat, stocks, union territory