Three policemen killed in Pakistan car bomb attackOctober 16th, 2008 - 1:49 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 16 (Xinhua) Three policemen were killed early Thursday in a suicide car bomb attack at a police station in Pakistan’s North West Frontier Province, a media report said.The bomber blew up an explosive-laden car at Mingora police station in the restive Swat valley, the News Network International (NNI) news agency reported.
Around 20 security personnel were also injured in the blast, it said.
The suicide bomber managed to take the explosive-laden car inside the heavily-guarded compound of the police station at around 1 a.m., when most of the security personnel were asleep, the report said.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- Four killed in Pakistan suicide attack (Lead) - Feb 27, 2010
- 3 killed in suicide blast in Pakistan - Feb 27, 2010
- Swat Valley blast toll rises to 14 (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2010
- Swat, Lahore blasts claim 71 lives (Third Lead) - Mar 13, 2010
- One killed in Pakistan bomb blast - Feb 18, 2011
- Three killed in Iraq bombing - Dec 26, 2011
- One killed, seven wounded in Quetta suicide attack targeting DIG Investigation - Apr 07, 2011
- Blasts rock Pakistan, 11 killed - Sep 18, 2012
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- Five killed in suicide blast in Pakistan - Mar 24, 2011
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Suicide car bombing kills 14 in Afghanistan (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- 25 killed, 55 injured in Pakistan bombings - Sep 07, 2011