Three policemen booked for killing man in Uttar PradeshMarch 12th, 2009 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 12 (IANS) In an alleged case of police excess, three policemen in Uttar Pradesh brutally beat up a man, who later succumbed to his injuries, officials said Thursday. A case has been registered against the three.
The three policemen from the Bikapur police station allegedly went to the house of Ram Nishad, 30, in Tohramafi village in Faizabad district Wednesday and beat him up severely after charging him with selling spurious liquor. Later, Nishad died allegedly due to the police excess, officials said.
“A case has been registered against the three policemen, including a police inspector,” district police chief R.K.S. Rathore told reporters in Faizabad.
“We have initiated an inquiry against the policemen, who have been directed to stay away from their work till the completion of the inquiry,” Rathore added.
The body of Nishad has been sent for post mortem examination.
Faizabad is some 250 km from Lucknow.
- Seven suspended after hooch claims six lives - Sep 08, 2010
- Arrested woman found hanging in police station - Aug 14, 2011
- Nine injured as flyover under construction caves in - Jan 11, 2010
- Two arrested in hooch tragedy in Allahabad - Sep 08, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh hooch tragedy toll 9, prime accused held - Sep 09, 2010
- Mayawati orders probe into girl's death at police station (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Cop arrested for kidnapping minor in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 22, 2010
- Rajasthan lawmaker discharged in staged shootout case - May 31, 2012
- Rajasthan BJP legislator to be tried for staged shootout - Apr 24, 2012
- Five cops suspended for custodial death - Jan 07, 2011
- Two more rapes, an attempted rape in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 22, 2011
- Illicit liquor kills four in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 27, 2011
- Two more rape cases reported in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Mayawati orders probe into girl's death at police station - Jun 13, 2011
- Two policemen booked for beating mill owner to death - Oct 30, 2010