Three policemen booked for abducting girl in Uttar PradeshMay 20th, 2009 - 2:43 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 20 (IANS) Three men of Uttar Pradesh’s Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) have been booked on charges of abducting a teenage girl from the state’s Barabanki district, police said Wednesday.
The three men from the 35 Battalion of PAC, the state’s reserve police force, are absconding. Nor has the girl been traced yet.
“The girl’s father Ram Bharose, who is a resident of Bandosarai village in Barabanki district, registered the case against the three personnel Tuesday night,” police inspector Indrajeet Saroj told IANS on phone.
Saroj said Bharose in his complaint has alleged that the three PAC personnel visited his home May 18 while his daughter was alone. After returning home, Bharose’s neighbours informed him that they saw PAC men taking his daughter along with them.
The three PAC personnel were known to Bharose’s son and frequently visited their home in the village, which is 40 km from state capital Lucknow.
“We have already informed the PAC officials about the case and they have assured us their full cooperation,” said Saroj.
- Man kills two minor daughters in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 03, 2012
- Peaceful start to UP elections, 62 percent turnout (Evening Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Maoist leader arrested in Uttar Pradesh - May 25, 2012
- Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad - Sep 21, 2012
- Hubdreds of Uttar Pradesh villages flooded - Aug 02, 2011
- Conspiracy in UP firing that killed three? - Apr 02, 2012
- Four cops suspended, booked for murder - Mar 11, 2011
- Teenager set on fire for resisting rape, dies - Mar 28, 2011
- Day gets warmer, polling slowly picks up in UP (Third Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Polling picks up pace in UP, 42 percent turnout till 3 p.m. (Fourth Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Woman kills minor son before committing suicide - Jan 21, 2011
- Main accused arrested in Dalit girl attack - Feb 07, 2011
- Teenager shot dead by cop - May 31, 2011
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011