Three persons killed in Delhi road accidentsMay 19th, 2012 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) Three persons, including a home guard, were killed and another home guard was injured in two accidents reported in the city in the past 24 hours, police said Saturday.
Vijay Choudhary, 21, working at a five-star hotel in Delhi, died after his motorcycle was hit by a speeding low-floor DTC bus, plying on route number 402 between Minto Road and Badarpur, near south Delhi’s Moolchand underpass around 6.15 a.m. Saturday.
At the time of the accident, Choudhary was returning to his south Delhi Sriniwaspuri home after work. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead.
The errant bus driver, identified as Rakesh, was arrested for rash and negligent driving causing death.
“Choudhary had completed his hotel management course from a private institute and had recently joined the five-star hotel,” said a police officer.
In the other accident, a 26-year-old home guard lost his life while his colleague critically injured when the motorcycle they were riding on was hit by an unidentified vehicle early Saturday morning.
Police said the accident took place in west Delhi’s Multan Nagar when the two home guards were returning home after their duty.
“Prima facie it seems that their motorcycle skidded on the road after being hit by an unknown vehicle. A case has been registered at Paschim Vihar police station,” said a police officer.
The deceased has been identified as Vinay Kumar and his injured colleague as Mahender, 27.
Both are residents of B block in west Delhi’s Sultanpuri and were posted at central Delhi’s Kamla Market police station.
- One killed, seven injured in accident - Apr 02, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills constable, injures another in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Vulnerable areas of Delhi prone to waterlogging (To go with Delhi waterlogging story) - Aug 24, 2010
- Two killed in Delhi road accident - Apr 05, 2012
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Truck runs over cop in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Less road accidents at night in Delhi: Police - Apr 18, 2012
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- 23 hurt in two accidents in Delhi - Jun 05, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills a constable, injures another - Apr 10, 2012
- 3-year-old dies after being hit by Blueline bus - Jan 17, 2011
- Man robbed of Rs.20 lakh - Mar 12, 2011
Tags: bus driver, central delhi, delhi road, hotel in delhi, hotel management course, kamla, mahender, morning police, multan, nearby hospital, negligent driving, police station, private institute, returning home, road accidents, south delhi, star hotel, three persons, underpass, west delhi