Three people arrested with 10.2 kg opium in DelhiAugust 12th, 2008 - 10:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 12(IANS) Two women and a man were arrested in the city with 10.2 kg of opium worth Rs.10 million, the police said Tuesday. The three - Santosh Rani, 45, Gurmeet Kaur, 55, and Rishi, 23 - were arrested by the narcotics branch of the police on a tip-off.
“On information that Santosh would come to Bhalswa Dairy on the Outer Ring Road to supply the opium, a trap was laid. When Santosh alongwith her son Rishi reached there in a car, Gurmeet Kaur also arrived to take the consignment,” a police officer said. All the three were arrested, he added.
Meanwhile, the police Monday arrested one person and recovered 200 grams of smack worth Rs.2 million from him.
“The accused, Naushad, 22, was arrested with the help of an informer at New Seelampur. The 200 grams smack kept in a polythene bag was recovered from his possession,” a police officer said.
“He has disclosed that he works for a person called Kamal, who is a resident of Seelampur. Efforts are on to nab Kamal,” the police added.
- Man held with opium - Apr 18, 2011
- Ghanaian arrested with cocaine in Goa - May 05, 2012
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- Four held, drugs worth Rs.1.39 crore seized - Oct 08, 2011
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- South African, woman arrested for drug peddling - Jan 08, 2012
- Two arrested for peddling cocaine - Aug 28, 2012
- Drugs worth Rs.1 crore seized - Dec 17, 2010
- Drugs worth millions seized in Ludhiana - Apr 14, 2010
- Heroin processing unit unearthed, two arrested - Jul 02, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.93 lakh seized, four heldin Delhi - Jul 30, 2011
- Manipuri youth held with banned substance worth Rs.2 crore - Apr 04, 2011
- Man held with 23 kg opium in Punjab - Jul 11, 2011
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- Canadian citizen arrested with cocaine in Punjab - Sep 03, 2012