Three oil plant workers suffocate to deathJanuary 9th, 2012 - 12:33 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Jan 8 (IANS) Three workers at an oil refining plant here died of suffocation when they climbed into a oil tank to clean it Sunday, police said.Police have arrested two officials of the plant, charging them with not following required safety norms leading to the workers’ death.
The three deceased, identified as Gopu, Gopal and Shyamraj, were workers at a private oil refining plant, where used industrial oil is refined and disposed of, in Vishwakarma Industrial Area here, said police.
“The three workers were cleaning an oil tank at the plant in the morning. First Gopu climbed into the plant. When he didn’t come out for a long time, Shyam went in to check if he was okay and then Gopal followed,” a senior police officer told IANS.
All three were taken out in unconscious state by a rescue team roped in by the police. “They were rushed to a hospital where they died while undergoing treatment,” said the officer.
The post-mortem examination has suggested that the workers died of suffocation. “We suspect that there were poisonous gases in the tank,” said the officer.
He said that the workers had not been provided with masks and other safety equipments.
“We booked plant’s two owners, Pankaj and Dipak, on charges of culpable homicide not amounting to murder,” said the officer.
- Three company officials booked for Thane gas leak - Sep 21, 2011
- Two die from toxic fumes at Delhi sewage plant (lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Poisonous gas from septic tank kills six - May 03, 2011
- Four die from cyanide poisoning in China - Jun 10, 2012
- Three killed as molasses tank bursts in Odisha - Jan 23, 2012
- Russian teenager chokes to death in sunflower seeds - Jun 30, 2012
- Toxic gases kill four in Rajasthan well - Jun 17, 2012
- Two arrested for Delhi building collapse - Dec 04, 2011
- Two die in septic tank in Bangladesh - Aug 03, 2012
- Police probe workers' deaths at Jindal plant (Lead) - Jul 15, 2010
- US girl made to 'run to death' over candy bar - Feb 24, 2012
- Goa home minister, son linked to drug mafia: Scarlett's mother - Aug 02, 2010
- Rescuers struggle to save buried workers in Punjab (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Filmmakers, TVs warned against hiring Mariah - Jul 04, 2011
- Industrialist held after factory collapse leaves six dead - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: culpable homicide, deceased, dipak, gopal, industrial oil, long time, masks, mortem examination, norms, oil plant, oil refining, oil tank, pankaj, poisonous gases, police officer, post mortem, safety equipments, suffocation, unconscious state, undergoing treatment