Three officials held in Delhi for graftOctober 31st, 2008 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 31(IANS) Two officials of the Delhi government and one from Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) were held Friday for alleged corruption in purchases made in various government-run centres in the city.The arrests came after the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) sleuths investigated complaints from Raj Mangal Prashad of PRATINIDHI and Braham Dutt of Kushth Ashadeep Federation.
The officials who have been arrested are: Sanjay Gihar, MCD deputy commissioner (south) Shahdara, M.J.N. Tudu, superintendent of beggars home (Lampur), and P. Anand Rao, superintendent of Asha Kiran Complex.
The fraud was allegedly committed in the purchases for various centres run by the Delhi government like the Children’s Home at Narela, Home for Mentally Retarded (HMRP) at Avantika, Safety Home at Majnu Ka Tilla, and Beggars Home at Lampur.
“The complainants had alleged that huge purchases of clothings, beddings and eating items were made in centres by forging the documents of reputed agencies like Kendriya Bhandhar, Delhi Khadi Village Board and Delhi Consumer Cooperative Store,” a senior police officer said.
“By using the fake quotations of these agencies, purchases were made through NAFED at very high rates,” he said.
All the accused were presented before the court Friday. The court sent Gihar to a day’s police custody while the others were remanded in 14-day judicial custody.
Earlier in June, Ravi Goyal, a contractor, and three others were arrested in the same case.
“During investigations, a number of incriminating documents were seized from Ravi Goyal. These included original challan book of Sudhar Sabha Consumer Co-operative Store Limited, quotation papers, formatting, comparative statements and sanction orders generated on his computer,” the police officer said.
“During further investigation, links between Ravi Goyal and other officials of the department were probed and evidences were collected,” he said.
- Ex-army official's house burgled - Feb 09, 2012
- 11 Africans on hunger strike against detention released - Jun 05, 2010
- Two held for murder in Delhi - Mar 05, 2011
- 11 Africans on hunger strike against detention freed (Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- Highest ever voting in peaceful Delhi civic polls (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Apex court notice to Kanda, brother in assault case (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- MCD teachers racket busted, seven arrested - Feb 29, 2012
- Delhi building collapse: Survey continues, samples collected - Nov 22, 2010
- Kanda will be arrested soon, says police (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Delhi sends home 200 beggars - Sep 05, 2010
- Six arrested in CWG road lighting scam - Jun 10, 2011
- Over 14,000 illegal construction cases registered in Delhi - Mar 21, 2012
- Bikers crush two people in Delhi - Mar 22, 2011
- Man found murdered in Delhi - May 25, 2012
- Case against two MCD officials - Feb 28, 2012