Three of family poisoned by domestic helpJune 15th, 2008 - 12:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) Three members of a family are critical after they were allegedly poisoned by their domestic help at their east Delhi home, police said Sunday. A man, his wife and son were allegedly given poison by their servant, Raju Nepali, at their home in Vivek Vihar late Saturday, a police official said. Nepali is absconding with some cash and valuables, he added.
“The servant, Raju Nepali, mixed poison in their tea. The police were informed about the incident at about 2 a.m.,” the official said.
All three have been hospitalised and are said to be critical.
Nepali, who had joined the family recently, had not been verified by the police, he added.
The incident comes close on the heels of a family in Noida being poisoned by their domestic help in a similar way. The family of industrialist Ajay Maini was found drugged at their Noida Sector 50 home June 7 and their servant Akash was missing. Maini’s wife Sandhya was declared dead when they were taken to hospital.
- Three of family poisoned by domestic help in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 15, 2008
- Noida police register case of burglary, poisoning - Jun 08, 2008
- Noida police to make servant verification mandatory - Jun 09, 2008
- Woman dies after domestic help drugs, robs family (Lead) - Jun 07, 2008
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained - Feb 04, 2012
- Three die in Jharkhand - Oct 23, 2011
- Paralysed man kills wife and son - Feb 03, 2012
- Five people arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 05, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Mamata's nephew sent to one day's judicial custody (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Mamata's nephew arrested for assaulting cop - Feb 29, 2012
- Youth beaten to death in road rage incident - Dec 23, 2011
- Woman killed while resisting robbery - Mar 07, 2011