Three of family poisoned by domestic help in Delhi (Lead)June 15th, 2008 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) Three members of a family, who were allegedly poisoned by their domestic help at their east Delhi home, were now stable, the police said Sunday. B.S. Yadav, his wife Milan and their nine-year-old son Kartavya were allegedly given poison by their servant, Raju Nepali, at their home in Vivek Vihar late Saturday, a police official said.
However, the servant did not give poison to their three-year-old son.
Nepali is absconding with some cash and valuables, he added.
“The servant mixed poison in their tea. The police were informed about the incident at about 1.35 a.m.,” the official said.
All three have been admitted to Max Hospital, Patparganj, and are now stable but unconscious.
Nepali, who had joined the family last month, had not undergone police verification, he added.
The servant was earlier employed by the father-in-law of Yadav, who owns a school in Ghaziabad, and he later sent Nepali to Yadav’s home for help.
Yadav runs a clinic in Ghaziabad whereas his wife is the vice-principal of a school in Delhi.
Yadav’s brother informed the police about the incident after he found the family lying in their home unconscious.
The other two people who used to work at the Ghaziabad school were also absconding after the incident.
The Delhi Police has not detained anybody so far and has sent two teams to Ghaziabad in connection with the case.
The incident comes close on the heels of a family in Noida being poisoned by their domestic help in a similar manner. The family of industrialist Ajay Maini was found drugged at their Noida Sector 50 house June 7 and their servant Akash was missing. Maini’s wife Sandhya was declared dead when taken to hospital.
- Three of family poisoned by domestic help - Jun 15, 2008
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Four members of family drugged, robbed in Delhi - Jul 23, 2010
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained - Feb 04, 2012
- Three die in Jharkhand - Oct 23, 2011
- Two men crushed by speeding truck - Dec 31, 2010
- Baby girl found murdered in Ghaziabad drain - Jul 28, 2012
- Man, mother commit suicide - Dec 11, 2011
- Newly recruited servent drugs employer, decamps with jewellery - Jan 29, 2011
- Aarushi murder: Allahabad High Court dismisses Talwar's plea - Mar 18, 2011
- Woman dies after domestic help drugs, robs family (Lead) - Jun 07, 2008
- Paralysed man kills wife and son - Feb 03, 2012
- Noida police register case of burglary, poisoning - Jun 08, 2008
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered - Mar 08, 2011