Three of drug-and-rob gang held in DelhiJuly 31st, 2012 - 1:09 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) Three robbers who drugged passengers in trains and other public transport vehicles before escaping with their valuables were arrested here, police said Monday.
Shakeer, 42, Mohammad Matin, 28, and Sorab Alam, 24, were arrested Sunday near Malviya Nagar Metro Station in south Delhi.
“As many as hundred tablets of a sleep-inducing medicine and robbed items were recovered from their possession,” said Sanjay Bhatia, additional deputy commissioner of police (crime and railways).
The trio revealed that they used to drive autorickshaws. While one of them drove the vehicle, the others posed as passengers. They then went to railway stations and bus stands and induced other passengers to share the vehicle.
“On the way, one of them would offer the victim a cold drink laced with the sedative and rob him as soon as he or she lost consciousness,” Bhatia added.
- Man held for robbing train passengers, patients - May 21, 2011
- Gang that drugged and robbed passengers caught - Jun 13, 2012
- Four robbers held - Feb 18, 2011
- Four held for looting on trains - Sep 18, 2011
- Ten train passengers found drugged, robbed - Jan 09, 2012
- Robbery bid: Girl falls off moving vehicle, one held - Jul 30, 2012
- Armed men loot, assault passengers on Pune-Patna train - Mar 11, 2011
- Man arrested for snatching foreigner's bag - Nov 11, 2011
- Autorickshaw users expect smooth ride after court order - Nov 12, 2011
- Two women help arrest four criminals in Lucknow - Mar 01, 2012
- Six planning to rob businessman held - Mar 27, 2011
- Armed men loot train passengers in Bihar - Jan 22, 2011
- Armed dacoits rob bus passengers - Mar 14, 2012
- Man arrested for robbing tourists - May 08, 2012
- Mumbai woman alleges rape in Kolkata - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: cold drink, commissioner of police, consciousness, deputy commissioner, malviya nagar, metro station, mohammad, New Delhi, police crime, possession, public transport vehicles, railway stations, railways, robbers, sanjay bhatia, sedative, sorab, south delhi, trains, valuables