Three Nigerians held for trying to smuggle heroin to LondonDecember 22nd, 2008 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 22 (IANS) Three Nigerians have been arrested here for trying to smuggle 2.5 kg of high-quality heroin valued at Rs.25 million in the international market to London through courier, police said Monday.Collin and Obiorah Pascal were arrested from west Delhi’s Janak Puri area Sunday evening and 550 gm and 700 gm of heroin, respectively, was recovered from them. Four mobile phones were also seized from them. Their accomplice Stanely Chibuike Aloma was arrested last week.
The police said two courier parcels of four books, in which heroin was concealed carefully, were detected at the Naraina office of the DTDC courier service. Around 1.2 kg of heroin was found concealed within the covers of the books.
“The drug traffickers placed black carbon paper on the books to avoid X-ray detection at the airport. The parcels were destined for Birmingham, London. The senders gave their address wrong ,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Alok Kumar.
“Technical and manual surveillance were mounted and Aloma was arrested last week. Aloma said Collin and Pascal gave him the parcels, which he booked through a courier company in Faridabad,” Kumar added.
He said a person named Mandoga is the kingpin of this racket and the contraband has been sent to Canada, South Africa and England using the same modus operandi in the past.
- Two Nigerians arrested with cocaine in Punjab - Feb 06, 2010
- Trooper, two men arrested with heroin - Dec 30, 2011
- Hashish worth Rs.32 lakh seized, two held - Dec 27, 2010
- Woman drug peddler arrested in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Indian soldier held with drugs - May 17, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.5 crore seized in Bengal - Feb 05, 2012
- Shanghai's courier firms to open parcels before delivery - Feb 21, 2012
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- Two Nigerians held with heroin - Sep 27, 2011
- Police seize 2 kg heroin, 1 arrested - Sep 15, 2010
- African held with Rs.2 crore-worth cocaine at Delhi airport (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Corruption charge filed against embezzling official - Feb 25, 2011
- Nigerian, Mizo woman arrested with Rs.3 mn-worth drugs - Jan 28, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.8 crore seized, two held in Bengal - Feb 07, 2012
- Tripura police seize parcel with live cartridges - Jun 19, 2011