Three more SSB battalions to to be deployed on Nepal borderAugust 30th, 2011 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 30 (IANS) Three additional battalions of the paramilitary Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) will soon be deployed on the Nepal border running along Bihar to curb the activities of the Maoists, parliament was informed Tuesday.
“There are a few reports of Maoists activities on Indo-Nepal border,” Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said in a written reply in Lok Sabha, adding:”Three battalions have been sanctioned to strengthen the Nepal border running along Bihar.”
With this, the number of SSB battalions on the Nepal border will rise to 14.
The minister added that in order to curb the activities of Maoists, the SSB has established 191 Border Out Posts (BOPs) in Bihar along India-Nepal border which carry out various operational activities to check people on the border.
“The BOPs regularly carry out activities like patrolling, naka-bandi. There are institutional mechanisms like the Border Direct Coordination Committee meetings and sharing of informations,” said the minister.
“There are bilateral institutional arrangements such as home secretary level talks and joint working group between India and Nepal to address cross-border issues,” he added
- Indian trooper shot at from across Nepal border - Feb 18, 2011
- Three Nepali women held with cannabis - Sep 13, 2011
- Bihar CM orders probe in Sitamarhi shooting incident (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Nepali women held with Rs.20 lakh drugs - Sep 29, 2011
- Four troopers injured in villagers' attack - Apr 11, 2011
- Three troopers arrested in Bihar - May 27, 2012
- Two Nepali women nabbed with cannabis - Dec 25, 2010
- Nepal to check fake currency influx into India - Jan 16, 2012
- Roads along Indo-Nepal Border under Govt. consideration - Aug 17, 2010
- 16 women troopers injured in accident - Jan 14, 2011
- South Korean couple held for illegally entering India - Apr 14, 2011
- 'Poorly trained troopers responsible for villagers' killing' - Aug 03, 2010
- Three Chinese held for photographing troopers' camps - Jan 18, 2011
- Two Nepali women held with drugs - Dec 14, 2010
- Suspected Pakistani spy held in Bihar - Aug 02, 2011