Three more arrested in land grab-kidnap caseAugust 26th, 2008 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
Erode (Tamil Nadu), Aug 26 (IANS) Three more people were arrested Tuesday in connection with former Tamil Nadu minister N.K.K.P. Raja’s alleged attempt to kidnap a family and grab its land, police said.Police also produced Guhamani, the third kidnap victim, before a court following orders from the Madras High Court which had rejected officials’ affidavits devoid of vital details in the matter.
Guhamani’s brother and sister-in-law, Palanichamy and Malarvizhi, were rescued from illegal custody by police and are now under protection in state capital Chennai, 300 km northeast from here.
The couple had told the state human rights commission that Guhamani was being detained to depose in favour of Raja in the land grab case.
Raja, who was sacked from the Tamil Nadu cabinet a recently, has denied the charges.
Three ruling DMK functionaries were arrested Monday and jailed.
- DMK boycotts budget over arrest of party leaders (Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Four more DMK leaders arrested - Aug 04, 2011
- Three DMK functionaries arrested for kidnapping family - Aug 25, 2008
- Former DMK minister held in land grab case - Aug 25, 2011
- Former DMK minister jailed in land grab case (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- DMK leader held on land grab charge - Aug 31, 2011
- Case of murder launched against sacked minister's supporters - Sep 15, 2008
- Stalin, son booked for land grab - Dec 01, 2011
- Court rejects police report on family's kidnapping - Aug 20, 2008
- DMK's top brass face land grab charge - Dec 02, 2011
- Former DMK minister's home raided - Feb 01, 2012
- Another former DMK minister arrested - Jan 23, 2012
- Stalin detained, DMK protests across Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Fugitive Catholic priest arrested in Tamil Nadu - Mar 17, 2012
- Tamil Nadu minister kidnapped son, couple tells rights panel - Aug 06, 2008