Three monks killed in Jaipur car accidentJune 28th, 2012 - 12:48 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, June 27 (IANS) At least three monks were killed while three others were critically injured when the car they were travelling in collided with a truck in Rajasthan’s Jaipur district Wednesday, police said.
According to police, the deceased were monks coming to Jaipur from Gujarat’s Vadodara, when the accident occurred near Gidani village near Dudu in the district, some 100 km from Jaipur, in the morning.
“They were coming to Jaipur to participate in a religious function when their car rammed into a truck. It seems the truck driver applied the brakes suddenly. The collision was so intense that the entire front part of the car was completely smashed,” said a police officer.
Ashok Prakash, 56, Rajuram, 40 and Kishore Lal, 40, died on the spot.
“Their bodies were stuck in the car. Residents of nearby villages and policemen rescued three others and rushed them to SMS Hospital in Jaipur where they are undergoing treatment. Their condition is stated to be critical,” said the officer.
The truck driver escaped from the spot but was caught later. Police have booked him for negligent driving.
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012
- Seven killed in Rajasthan road accident - May 06, 2012
- 20 cars damaged in chain collision - Nov 04, 2011
- Nine of family killed in Haryana accident (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Five of family killed in Maharashtra accident - Jun 20, 2011
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- Four burnt alive as trucks collide in Haryana - Jul 28, 2011
- One student killed, 10 hurt as van overturns - Oct 20, 2011
- 4 killed, 10 injured in Bikaner road accident - Apr 26, 2012
- Four killed in Rajasthan accident - Aug 18, 2012
- 11-year-old killed in school bus accident - Mar 14, 2012
- Six of a family die in accident - May 23, 2011