Three Maoists surrender in OrissaApril 23rd, 2011 - 4:34 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, April 23 (IANS) Three Maoists, including a minor, named in several cases of murder, abduction and extortion, surrendered in district headquarters town of Jajpur Saturday, police said.
Banamali Jerai, 50, Harish Badara, 23, and his brother Laba Badara, 15, surrendered before the police in Jajpur, about 120 km from here.
“All three were Maoist cadres. They said they were tortured in their Maoist camp by other rebels,” Superintendent of Police D.S. Kuttey told IANS.
They decided to surrender after they realised that the Maoists were no longer working for the poor, he said.
The three were active in the mineral rich districts of Jajpur and Keonjhar.
- Five Maoists, including a boy, surrender in Orissa - Jan 15, 2011
- Four Maoists surrender in Orissa - Jun 25, 2011
- Police seize arms after gun battle with Maoists - Sep 07, 2010
- Maoist camp destroyed in Odisha - Aug 08, 2012
- Two women Maoists surrender in Orissa, allege erosion of ideology - Nov 11, 2010
- Land mine planted by Maoists detected in Orissa - Jan 04, 2011
- Five Maoists surrender in Orissa - Jan 16, 2011
- Two Maoists surrender in Odisha - Jun 18, 2012
- Maoists blow up rail track in Orissa(Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Five women Maoists surrender in Orissa - Jan 06, 2011
- Maoist deputy commander killed in gunbattle - Jul 02, 2011
- Maoists torch police post in Orissa - Feb 10, 2011
- Search on for missing Tata Steel engineer - Sep 25, 2010
- Four Maoists surrender in Odisha - May 25, 2012
- Two Maoist rebels surrender in Orissa - Feb 13, 2010