Three Maoists nabbed in West BengalFebruary 2nd, 2011 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 2 (IANS) Three Maoists were arrested from a forest in West Bengal’s Bankura district Wednesday when they were holding a secret meeting, police said.Acting on a tip-off, police raided the Namagacharia forest and nabbed the three Maoist action squad members.
“They were holding a secret meeting. We have seized lot of explosives from the three,” Bankura police superintendent Pranav Kumar told IANS over phone.
“They will be produced at the Khatra sub-divisional court today (Wedensday),” Kumar added.
The three have been identified as Siddhartha Pal, Gooden Soren and Srinath Murmu.
“While Pal was a member of the Ranibandh squad, the other two were members of the Binpur squad of the ultras,” Kumar said.
Maoists are active in West Bengal’s three western districts — West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura.
- Maoist and close aide arrested in West Bengal - Nov 04, 2010
- Partial response to shutdown call in West Bengal - Dec 28, 2010
- Two Maoists held in Bengal raids - Feb 15, 2011
- Maoist shutdown in Bengal evokes partial response - Dec 08, 2010
- Suspected Maoists kill villager - Jan 31, 2011
- Pro-Maoist shutdown hits parts of three Bengal districts (Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Maoist leader arrested for Bengal policeman's murder - Nov 25, 2010
- Three Maoists arrested in police officer's killing - Sep 01, 2010
- Pro-Maoist shutdown hits life of three Bengal districts - Jan 11, 2011
- Two Maoists held in Bengal - Mar 15, 2011
- Pro-Maoist group's shutdown paralyses life in West Bengal areas - Aug 03, 2010
- Maoists kill five CPI-M supporters in West Bengal - Sep 13, 2010
- Pro-Maoist shutdown cripples life in three Bengal districts - Dec 29, 2010
- Maoist, aide arrested in West Bengal - Aug 06, 2010
- Maoist, linkman held in West Bengal - Nov 20, 2010