Three Maharashtra college students drown in seaApril 2nd, 2008 - 11:59 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, April 2 (IANS) Three college students were drowned in the Arabian Sea while swimming off the Shriwardhan beach in Maharashtra, the police said here Wednesday. According to a police official, the students have been identified as Rahul Jugran from Uttarakhand, Manish Kumar from Uttar Pradesh and Jasbir Singh Sahani from Punjab. Despite efforts by the police and the locals, their bodies have not yet been found.
The three were students of the Army Institute of Technology in Pune and went for a picnic to the beach with five others from their college.
The police official said the incident occurred around 5.30 p.m. Wednesday, when the friends of the deceased raised an alarm.
“We hope the bodies are washed ashore by Thursday morning,” the official told IANS over phone.
Shriwardhan beach is a favourite destination for tourists and picnickers from Mumbai and other parts of India.
- Two drown off Mumbai's Juhu beach - Aug 20, 2012
- Three drown, one missing off Mumbai coast - Jul 14, 2012
- 4 students drown while on Valenmtine's Day picnic - Feb 14, 2011
- Five Mumbai students drown near Thane - Dec 12, 2009
- Five students drown at Rushikonda beach of Visakhapatnam - Aug 02, 2010
- Four swimmers still missing in Maharashtra's Ratnagiri - Aug 19, 2012
- Three engineering students drown in Arabian Sea - Jun 10, 2012
- Bodies of three IAF men found in lake - Oct 03, 2010
- 11 students drowned in China - Jun 10, 2012
- Illegal Asian migrant dies crossing English channel - Aug 14, 2012
- Lawyers drowned in Maharashtra - Jul 29, 2012
- Oil poisoning? Alarming sea animal deaths on India's west coast (With Images) - Apr 07, 2012
- Three Mumbai students drown in waterfall - Oct 31, 2011
- Three feared drowned near Juhu beach - Jul 11, 2010
- Six drown in western Maharashtra - Aug 01, 2010