Three lion cubs die at Chhattisgarh zooAugust 3rd, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 3 (IANS) Three new-born lion cubs at the famous Nandan Van on the outskirts of the Chhattisgarh capital died Friday, shocking animal lovers and zoo officials.
A senior zoo official said that a lioness nicknamed Saraswati gave birth to five cubs Wednesday but three died Friday morning.
“The zoo officials and animal lovers cheered birth of five cubs because normally the lioness gives birth of two-three cubs at one time but the three cubs died today and it has shocked us,” zoo in-charge R.C. Dugga told reporters.
He added that the exact reason of the death was yet to be ascertained but their poor health and bad weather - mainly the heavy rain for past several days - could have been one of the reasons for the death.
The zoo has variety of rare animals, birds and snakes which attracts people from central and eastern India.
- Another tiger cub dies in Bihar - Sep 03, 2012
- Tiger cub dies, two others critical - Aug 29, 2012
- Third tiger cub at Patna zoo also dead - Sep 04, 2012
- Two more blackbucks die in Raipur - Aug 09, 2011
- Lion Triplet Cubs Debut At Bronx Zoo - May 03, 2010
- No romance for Delhi zoo's bears, deer this winter - Nov 20, 2011
- Five tiger cubs die in Odisha's Nandankanan zoo - Nov 18, 2011
- Ligers Bred In Taiwan To Be Confiscated By Authorties - Aug 16, 2010
- Leopard, lion die in Bangalore zoo - Oct 24, 2010
- Odisha orders probe into five tiger cubs' death - Nov 21, 2011
- Ukrainian man to spend 35 days in cage with lion - Aug 04, 2011
- Tiger cub dies in Bhopal - Nov 22, 2011
- Indore Zoo officials removed for deaths of animals - Sep 22, 2009
- Adorable Lion Cubs Make Their Debut At The Bronx Zoo - May 03, 2010
- Yet another tiger, a cub, dies in Bannerghatta - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: animal lovers, animals birds, bad weather, dugga, eastern india, exact reason, friday morning, heavy rain, lion cubs, lioness, outskirts, poor health, rare animals, saraswati, snakes, zoo officials