Three labourers buried alive in GujaratFebruary 26th, 2009 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Feb 26 (IANS) Three labourers were buried alive Thursday while digging a well in Gujarat’s Sabarkantha district, a police officials said.
The three, identified as Jaisangbhai, 45, his son Kamlesh, 20, and Kodarbhai, 38 - all residents of Derol village in Khedbrama taluka of Sabarkantha district, some 122 km from here, were working 150 feet below the ground on excavating the well for Hasmukhbhai Bhanabhai Patel.
“The administration made all efforts but could not succeed (in rescuing them),” said sub inspector of Khedbrahma P.L. Chaudhary.
Authorities are trying to recover the bodies.
- Four labourers buried under mound of earth in Haryana - May 17, 2012
- Bachchan to lure tourists to more Gujarat sites - Aug 01, 2011
- Three women labourers buried alive - Apr 19, 2011
- BJP sweeps local bodies polls in Gujarat - Oct 23, 2010
- Hepatitis-B toll rises to 16 in Gujarat sub-district - Feb 16, 2009
- 20 sleeping pilgrims killed by truck in Gujarat (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Medical teams sent to hepatitis-B hit Gujarat area: Congress - Feb 16, 2009
- Six die in Madhya Pradesh as soil caves in - Jun 04, 2009
- He turns dry creek in Gujarat into nature park (Feature with images) - Feb 23, 2009
- Woman killed in clash during police raid - Feb 05, 2011
- 'No chance', Rahul Gandhi brushes away PM possibility query - Feb 23, 2009
- Punjab transfers 30 senior police officers - Aug 05, 2012
- BJP sweeps Gujarat local bodies elections (Lead) - Oct 23, 2010
- BSF officer killed in firing from Pakistan side - Sep 20, 2011
- Kashmir avalanche buries three - Feb 09, 2011