Three killed, three injured in accident in DelhiMarch 5th, 2009 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 5 (IANS) Three people were killed and three others were injured when the car they were travelling in collided with a truck here early Thursday, police said.
The Hyundai Verna car was being driven on the wrong side of the road at a very high speed when the driver lost control and rammed into the truck shortly after midnight in northwest Delhi, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer Delhi) Atul Katiyar told IANS.
Those riding in the car - Parvesh Tomar, Naveen, Kuldeep, Pramod Rana, Lal Mani and Ajay Vishwas - were chasing some men in a Maruti Alto with whom they had an altercation earlier.
All the occupants of the car that met with the accident were residents of Aakash Ganga apartments in Rohini Sector-24. They were aged between 35 and 55.
“Parvesh Tomar, Naveen and Kuldeep died on the spot while the other three are battling for their lives in the Jaipur Golden Hospital. We are registering a case and further investigations are underway,” said Katiyar.
Police said Rana was behind the wheels of the Hyundai Verna but wasn’t drunk.
“No alcohol was found in Pramod Rana’s blood. But medical reports show that one of the occupants was drunk,” said Katiyar.
In their statement to the police, the injured men said they decided to chase the three-four occupants of Alto Car after one of them threatened to kill them.
“One of the injured said the occupants of the Alto car were drinking outside their apartments. When they objected, there was an altercation between the occupants of the Alto car and the victims,” said another police official.
“Following the squabble, the residents apparently called the police control room to seek police intervention. But the occupants of Alto car threatened the victims with dire consequences and fled from the area.
“To capture the occupants of Alto car, the six of them decided to chase them and met with the accident. There is no trace of the occupants of the Alto,” he added.
Katiyar said his team is verifying the victims’ claim.
“There is another version of the story. According to that, one of the victims had an altercation with the occupants of the Alto car. Following that he called five others and they all decided to teach them a lesson. We are verifying all sides of the stories and are taking appropriate action,” he added.
- Three killed, three injured in accident in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 05, 2009
- Nine of family killed in Haryana accident (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Nine killed in Haryana accident - Oct 28, 2011
- Six injured in car accident - Oct 26, 2011
- Cop arrested for businessman's murder - Sep 25, 2011
- Vehicle thieves' gang busted in Punjab, 6 held - Nov 09, 2010
- Bookings for Hyundai's compact car Eon from Oct 1 - Sep 30, 2011
- Three killed in Delhi road accidents - Sep 04, 2010
- Eight arrested for thrashing Delhi hotel official (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Journalist held for road rage shooting - Nov 30, 2011
- Five arrested for gangraping Gurgaon pub employee (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Three held for stealing 50 vehicles in Delhi - Dec 18, 2009
- On way to his marriage, groom dies in accident - May 27, 2011
- One injured in accident with Brunei embassy car - Mar 23, 2012