Three killed in south Delhi accidentMay 30th, 2009 - 12:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 30 (IANS) Three people were killed and three more injured when a speeding car lost control and rammed into two auto rickshaws in the capital early Saturday, police said.
“The accident happened at 5.30 a.m. when the driver of a car lost control and rammed into two three-wheelers, killing the two autorickshaw drivers and one car passenger,” an official said.
The three injured have been taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) trauma centre.
The accident took place near the Soami Nagar bus stand on Outer Ring Road.
Eyewitness Kishore Yadav said: “The car that lost control smashed into two autos that had passengers. The autos were smashed between a tree and the car and three people died.”
The roadside tree he was talking about had been broken into pieces by the impact of the crash.
Vinayak, another eyewitness, added: “The driver tried to control the car by moving towards the tree but it was in such high speed that it simply crashed into the autos.”
Investigations are on, police officials added.
- Three die in Delhi accident (Lead) - May 30, 2009
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Speeding car kills three in Delhi, diver flees (Second Lead) - May 30, 2009
- Four dead in freak multi-vehicle accident (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Two critical in Mumbai drunk driving accident - Apr 01, 2012
- Two men die in freak Delhi accident (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Driver nabbed day after car killed three in Delhi - May 31, 2009
- Delhi's killer roads: Recalling some major accidents - Feb 20, 2012
- 14 killed in two Nagaland accidents - Jan 06, 2012
- MBA student held, freed on bail after minor accident - Dec 13, 2009
- Strike takes autos off Delhi roads, commuters hit - Feb 28, 2012
- Truck rams 10 vehicles, eight people killed - Jan 29, 2011
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Overspeeding truck kills one, injures two in Delhi - Mar 11, 2012
- Court dismisses petitions against GPS systems for Delhi autos - Sep 17, 2012