Three killed in separate accidents in DelhiJune 17th, 2008 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) Three people were killed in separate accidents in Delhi, the police said Tuesday. A 45-year-old woman was run over by a chartered bus in Anand Vihar area of east district Monday night.
The police said that Indira was returning to her residence in Shahdara at around 9.30 p.m. when the incident took place.
“Indira was crossing the road near Ramprastha area in Anand Vihar when she was hit by a chartered bus. She was taken to a nearby hospital where she was announced dead,” said the police.
The police have impounded the bus while the driver is absconding.
In the second incident, a 15-year-old girl was run over Tuesday by a car in Pandav Nagar area of east district.
The police said the victim, who was not yet identified, was crossing the road when a car hit her. She was taken to a hospital where she was announced dead.
“We have arrested the car driver, Bhiren Kumar,” said the police.
In the third incident, a man was killed when hit by an unidentified vehicle in Dhaula Kuan area of south-west district. The man, who was in the age group of 20-25 years, was yet unidentified.
- Minor girl crushed to death in Delhi - Jul 15, 2011
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- Alighting passenger run over by bus - Oct 19, 2011
- Delhi Police constable killed in road accident (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Four killed in road accidents in Delhi - Aug 14, 2011
- Driver rams bus into park to avoid collision - Mar 07, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Boy crushed by bus - Nov 18, 2011
- Mother-daughter killed in Delhi accident - Jun 17, 2011
- Class 2 student killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2011
- Fresh violence in Assam, curfew imposed - Aug 16, 2012
- Air Force official murder case solved, four arrested - Jan 24, 2012
- Gambhir's cousin, uncle arrested in road rage incident - Jun 05, 2012