Three killed in separate accidents in DelhiNovember 22nd, 2008 - 11:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 22 (IANS) At least three people have been killed in three separate accidents in Delhi, the police said Saturday.”A six-year-old girl Kumkum was crushed under the wheels of a water tanker at around 4 p.m. Saturday in Burari area of north district. Kumkum, a resident of the area was playing with her friends near her house on the street,” a senior police officer said.
“She was crushed under the rear wheel of the tanker and died on the spot. The victim’s father, Sanjay is employed with a private company. The driver of the tanker Jai Singh has been arrested,” the police officer added.
In another case, a speeding motorcycle in Mangol Puri area of outer district killed a 30-year-old woman Friday.
“The accident took place at around 9 p.m. A motorcycle hit the victim Anita, who is a resident of Mangol Puri area, from behind while she was returning home from work,” the police officer said.
“The motorcyclist fled from the spot and Anita was taken to Sanjay Gandhi hospital where she was declared dead,” the police added.
In another incident, a 50-year-old man was killed after his motorcycle skidded in southwest Delhi.
“The incident took place at around 6 p.m. Friday when the deceased Ramesh Babu was returning home on his motorcycle. His motorcycle skidded near Dabri-Palam road and he died on the spot,” the police added.
- Beam at Delhi flyover causes male nurse's death - Apr 29, 2012
- Two killed in Delhi road accident - Apr 05, 2012
- 22 die in Kashmir road accident - Sep 13, 2011
- Nine-year-old crushed to death - Jul 23, 2011
- School girl killed in Delhi accident - Apr 07, 2012
- Truck crushes man, driver held - Jan 24, 2011
- Five killed in two road accidents - Nov 07, 2011
- Blueline bus mows down scooterist in Delhi - Dec 25, 2008
- Man crushed to death between two buses - May 22, 2012
- Guwahati-Puri Express derails in Assam (Lead) - Jul 10, 2011
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Two killed, including toddler, in accidents - Jan 29, 2011
- Elderly woman killed in Delhi fire - Jul 22, 2012
- Rs.10 lakh awarded to road accident victim's family - May 27, 2011
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011