Three killed in road accidentsFebruary 6th, 2012 - 12:14 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 5 (IANS) Three people were killed in three different road accidents in the national capital, police said Sunday.
An unidentified man, in his mid-thirties, was killed in a hit-and-run accident near India Gate past midnight Saturday. “The man was hit by an unidentified speeding vehicle on Shahjahan Road around 12.55 a.m. He died on way to hospital,” a police official said.
Manbir Singh Pundir, 32, died when his bike was hit by a speeding vehicle on the AIIMS flyover in front of Kidwai Nagar East in south Delhi around 8 a.m. Sunday. He was a resident of New Ashok Nagar in east Delhi.
“We had received a call in the police control room reporting that an accident victim was lying unconscious on the flyover,” said a police official. He was declared dead on arrival at hospital.
In the third incident, Gulshan, 18, a resident of Moti Bagh, was killed when a private bus hit his bike near Rao Tula Ram Marg in Delhi Cantonment area around 7 p.m. Saturday. Bus driver Purbhat was arrested for rash driving.
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi - Feb 28, 2012
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Aug 08, 2012
- Delhi Police constable killed in road accident (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Delhi's killer roads: Recalling some major accidents - Feb 20, 2012
- Delhi police constable dies in road accident - Feb 28, 2012
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi accident - Dec 22, 2011
- Four killed in Delhi road accidents - Sep 20, 2011
- Minor girl, two others killed in Delhi accidents - Aug 10, 2012
- Truck runs over cop in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Girl commits suicide over brother's death - Sep 20, 2011
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
Tags: accident victim, ashok nagar, bagh, cantonment area, capital police, dead on arrival, delhi cantonment, different road, east delhi, flyover, india gate, kidwai, marg, mid thirties, moti, police official, private bus, road accidents, south delhi, unidentified man